Banish the summer holiday job blues
Returning from the long summer break can often mean it's not just the suitcase that's been unpacked. With time to think and reflect, big questions can come to the fore.
- Is this job working for me?
- Where do I want to be in five years time?
- My boss is beginning to tick me off, do I have it in me to change careers?
7 Tips for managing post-holiday job stress
- Weigh up the pros and cons of your current situation
- Consider what can and can't be changed
- Strip out any emotion from your feelings towards your career/job situation
- Think of how you would like to change things with a cool business head
- Write a carefully thought-out proposal and present it once back from vacation
- Research the options (online, ask friends, job boards)
- Change your negative self-talk from "I don't know" into "What if?..."
Consider what's holding you back
Do you need to look at your future goals, improve your confidence, train in new skills? Perhaps you're feeling a bit stuck because you don't actually know what you're good at! Sometimes we just need someone to listen and help us to approach things in a more focused way.
Get help to focus
Chat to friends and family about the personal and professional qualities they think you have. Write a list - you may be surprised! If you find you're still stuck in a rut and can't make any headway in understanding your options, I'm here to help.
Book a meeting with a professional career coach for a neutral sounding board:
0118 984 4962
Mobile: 07775 525811