Future-proof your career: be your own career coach
With the rapidly-changing job market, it’s important for us to plan our own careers and understand what makes us tick and where we want to be. I can help you future-proof your career and put you in control of deciding what’s next, become your own career coach. This comes about by:
- Fully understanding your beliefs, values, personality and motivation
- Fully understanding your skills, experience, know-how, and how to promote this fully within the organisation
- Networking – linking with people, making contacts for the future to further the career – and help others do the same
- Identifying and setting goals for the future
- Addressing perennial questions like: is my job right for me? Why was I overlooked for a promotion? What skills do I need to develop to succeed next time? What’s my next step?
- Career management programme to provide the above support
- One-off career health check
Developing career resilience
Part of being in control of your career is about having career resilience and the tools and confidence to handle constant change. I have been supporting clients for years to develop resilience through coaching them around:
- Tried and tested confidence building tools
- Re-connecting with who you are and what makes you thrive
- Testing the water
Career coaching to help you stay ahead of the game
There are no longer any real "jobs for life". Companies are loyal to their pocket, rather than their workforce. You need to own your own career and future growth, and be ready to ride the waves – or jump ship.
To see how I can help you stay one step ahead in the world of work, please get in touch for a friendly chat:
It’s been a year since our meeting and I just wanted to thank you for helping me to focus on my key strengths and interests. I’ve just been promoted to a Business Critical Account Manager responsible for building and maintaining relationships with customers, and I couldn’t be happier.
Thank you for the coaching and advice – I start on Monday as Chief Product Marketing Officer. The visualisation of walking into the new office did really help, and just having some of those structured approaches to answering questions kept me going.
I was facing an important life transition after 35 years in the corporate world so finding renewed purpose and re-inventing my identity was essential. With Helen’s coaching and encouragement I have secured voluntary work and am in the process of identifying further options by using my network.
I am finally out the other side now and feel like a new person. I have accepted a finance role, which will hopefully free up some time for family and exploring my new love of interior design. Couldn’t have got there with out you.
Your guidance through the interview process and pointers toward proper preparation gave me, if results are considered, a confident and winning approach in a very competitive first move into industry from a Big 4 accountancy firm.
Helen was easy to work with. She gave me the space and guidance to arrive at my own answers in my own time and also to think about future plans.
Chineham, Basingstoke, Hampshire